Nikki and Victoria's LA Top Tens
Top 10 Things to Do
- Experience the gardens and exhibitions at The Huntington Library.
- If the stars align, catch a concert at the Hollywood Bowl or the Greek Theatre.
- Eat Asian food and drink boba milk tea in the San Gabriel Valley.
- Visit a museum like The Broad, The Getty, or LACMA
- Stroll through the Venice Canals.
- Do a Walking Tour of DTLA.
- Visit a beach. Really, any beach.
- Trek to the Griffith Observatory
- Eat at Grand Central Market
- Disneyland. Sorry not sorry.
10 Things to Do in the Arts District/Little Tokyo
- Start your day with coffee and pastries from one of our faves: Go Get Em Tiger, Cafe Dulce, or Demitasse.
- Do a walking tour of the murals and art in the Arts District.
- Grab a bomb sandwich at Eat Drink Americano.
- Visit the F R E E museum Hauser & Wirth, or the Architecture & Design Museum.
- Window shop from the Arts District into Little Tokyo. Notable stops: Alchemy Works, The Container Yard, Poketo, A Shop Called Quest, Raggedy Threads, Hob Nob, Popkiller.
- 2nd Walking Tour: DTLA architecture and historic sites.
- Come back to Little Tokyo for happy hour at Wolf & Crane, In Sheep's Clothing, or Spitz.
- Eat dinner at Kinjiro or Hama.
- Throwback: practice your 90s gaming skills at Bar 82.
- Finish the night with tacos from one of the many trucks outside 82.
Top 10 Places to Eat: Downtown
- Kinjiro. Make reservations!
- Factory Kitchen. Try the handkerchief pasta.
- Hama Sushi. Best sushi at the best price.
- Badmaash. Indian fusion.
- Shojin. Vegan Japanese.
- Bavel. The latest hot spot in LA.
- Guisados. Tacos!
- Marugame Monzo. Handmade udon.
- Tartine Bianco. New spot in The Row, a former industrial zone now filled with hip shops.
- Honda-Ya. Guilty pleasure.
Top 10 Places to Eat: LA
- Din Tai Fung. Neighborhood:Various Locations
- Half & Half. Neighborhood:San Gabriel Valley
- Vege Paradise. Neighborhood:San Gabriel Valley
- Gamjagol. Neighborhood:K-Town
- Golden Deli. Neighborhood:San Gabriel Valley
- Chengdu Taste. Neighborhood:San Gabriel Valley
- The Tasting Kitchen. Neighborhood:Venice
- Michael's. Neighborhood:Santa Monica
- Pizzeria Mozza. Neighborhood:West Hollywood
- Ocean Star Seafood (Dim Sum). Neighborhood:San Gabriel Valley
Top 10 Overrated Things
- Hollywood Walk of Fame. Just avoid.
- Universal Studios/Universal Citywalk. Even Harry Potter can't save this place.
- LA Live. Unless you're here for a sporting event...
- Grauman's Chinese Theater
- Third Street Promenade Honestly, nothing that you can't buy online.
- Runyon Canyon (Hike to the Hollywood Sign). Alternative hike:
- Rodeo Drive. You're not Julia Roberts.
- La Brea Tar Pits. The only thing on this list that should have been more interesting.
- Venice Boardwalk.Would skip for just the beach and the canals.
- Waiting more than 1 hour in a line for food. You'll never get that time back. Ever.